PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Being set up to be sacked.
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2014, 20:09
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
That treatment is standard stuff. It puts me in mind of an enemy starving its foe. They know your Achilles heel and intend to bleed you financially. See if your rep agrees, and when you can, talk to your solicitor about such behavior. It will forewarn him and with luck, it'll make his blood boil as much as it does mine when I hear such stories. Perhaps he'll know of procedures that demand a proper response to arranged meetings.

Something I'd thought to say but forgot. About 15 years ago, an old friend was fired from their job, they felt it was due to a very common and in no way debilitating complaint. I'd better say what it was. Just a localized arthritic issue. They were stunned - having been with the company for many years and well thought of by clients. Some time later they hired a solicitor.

The company was not a big one, but I assume finally claimed on some sort of insurance, because my friend was awarded enough to provide a small income for life and pay cash for a house. They ended up being better off than they had ever been.

Not a common story, but one where precise procedures were followed and right prevailed.