PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whats the best way to become an airline pilot these days???
Old 15th Apr 2003, 00:58
Northern Highflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In answer to "what's the best way.........." it has to be whatever suits you and your circumstances at that time. Once you are qualified you are qualified, same ticket and approximate hours as every other new fATPL.

Whether prople have the aptitude to do the course or have the nerve to start it is purely down to their outlook on life. At the end of the day (awful cliche) if you want to do it bad enough you will regardless of age, background, finances, or market situation.

I agree with YOUNG OBK that there is never a good time. It boils down to personality, if you are 18 or 38 and want it so bad you will do it.

I have read PPRUNE for many months now, I take the information and weigh it up in my mind. I am fully aware if the risks (big ones at that) and the benefits IF I make it.

Despite all that I have wanted to fly since I was 4....yes 4.... (now 33) and no matter what, I will give it my best shot. Better to try and fail than not to try at all. Before anyone says anything yes I might have an fATPL and a massive debt with no job but it's in the blood and the soul. I love to study, I actually enjoyed studying for my PPL exams (sad huh?) and cannot wait to start the ATPL's.

To be honest I want to do the exams no matter what happens.
Fingers crossed it all works out.