PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2014, 09:36
planedrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Centropy - Apologies I should have made myself clearer. The changes to the easyjet contract are new as of June last year and again, my mistake with the link. I tried to put it in brackets and it took that as part of the web address - it should now be visible!

I did not mean to mislead anyone and as we all know, things change incredibly quickly in this industry.

Yes, you are on £1200 (tax free) for the first 8 months approx, again I should have made this clearer. You then move onto a CTC contract for the remaining time until you have 1 year service at Easy before moving onto the NEC of £38,000pa. You do now get the security bond back - this has been recently clarified and can be found on the CTC Wings facebook page for anyone particularly interested.

I agree that in the past it would have been very hard to live sustainably on the contracts provided but this has recently changed - with the graduates that I know personally.

@Catalyst - this will be my last post to you as it's obvious that you will not listen to anything that has been said on any thread to disrupt your discontent with CTC.
1) I do not work for CTC or any FTO.
2) Do CTC Wings Cadet graduates get offered jobs, providing they complete
the course to standards given when signing contracts? Yes.
3) I'm not sure how you can keep judging CTC, or any other FTO, that trains abroad as you have not partaken in any flight training abroad via these FTO's. As for the way CTC and Oxford do groundschool - I think the results speak for themselves.
4) The fact that people who graduated last August, and are now in the right hand seat flying the line for Easy and the way the CTC hold pool system works means that unless they have been declined after interviews, or refused job offers themselves, then there is no-one in the hold pool who has been there for 3.5 years. What you may be confusing is the CTC ATP pool which is completely separate to the CTC Wings pool and is indeed much slower moving.
5) As I said before, if you had got to Hamilton, you would have seen for yourself that not everyone is British or European. The Wings course are not the only Cadets that CTC take - there are international courses around the world. I'm sure anyone who has been there will agree with me.

As with any training providers, in any industry, all FTO's have their up and down sides. CTC is the only one I know a significant amount about which is why I have written these posts.