PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2014, 07:39
planedrive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Catalystman

Why would you recommend a company that you so publicly slated for being sloppy and disorganized in another recent (now closed so I can't take exact quotes) thread?

Of course the FPP and the various MPL's provide better security of the final job, BUT 98% of all Wings cadets that graduate successfully have been placed with a partner airline - which in the end is what you are training for, is it not? As for your suggestion that you will need a second job if you are only a lowly Wings Cadet on your way to Easyjet - perhaps you should take a read of this article from BALPA last year.

https://www.balpa.org/News-and-campa...N-EASYJET.aspx

I wouldn't say that with £38,000pa plus repayment of your £69,000 security bond over x number of years, many people would feel the need to take a second job. Of course I cannot comment on some of the other airlines but I'm sure people like @Bealzebub will be able to comment on the airline they have particular knowledge of. Personally I know no recent Wings graduates that have needed a second job.

Finally, if you had made it to New Zealand, you would see that your comment about the UK being the primary market is not really true. I would say that about 1/2 of the Cadet population of CTC is British with the remainder made up of citizens from Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei, Australia, New Zealand and most noticeably the Japanese, who send out similar (albeit slightly smaller) numbers as the UK.

Last edited by planedrive; 20th Feb 2014 at 09:39.