PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 20th Feb 2014, 00:44
Clear2Land78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming onboard

Greetings. It's been a while but since things may be coming up, I was wondering if anyone can give me an early start in explaining some things.

I am currently slated for a March 31 start date (YSSY). I am an ATCO from the USA. Right now, I am just waiting to hear back from the immigration. I actually even paid for my CASA medical to try to keep the time frame possible. I do have a slight medical past so I am hoping it does not give me a problem. I have yet to start the onboard process with ASA but was told that is done after all the immigration and medicals are approved.

In pre-planning, can anyone offer a more detailed account of what I can expect? I was told they accommodate housing for academy training in Melbourne. And all this planned for by the onboard team (which I am sure I will hear from soon). I am concerned with how do we get from the accommodations to the training site? I will be in Australia for only about a week before the start of the training and I doubt I can get a car in that time. Also, does anyone know what happens after training and returning to Sydney (i.e. can we pre-book accommodations for a month til I can find a place)?

Oh, what is "toil" listed above regarding annual leave? Is that like an acronym for TIME OFF IN LIEU? If anyone has questions about ATC stuff in the USA, please ask.

Thanks for all your help in the past.

Best regards!