PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways B777 recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2014, 18:53
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can EY really continue their long haul expansion plan without 9W aircraft and crews? Re-deploying their assets? I’m not sure EY would be happy to put the B777 3 class aircraft on short flights like Turkish’s is doing now.

This is a given known... 9W won't be increasing their presence in teh US for the foreseeable future until the DGCA category is upgraded. It's up to the DGCA to satisfactorily complete all outstanding task cards. For the time being 9W assets will have be be deployed over EY routes. EY assets will have to be deployed to the US.

Absolutely true Fluke. No expansion to the US under Jet's AOC until the FAA's downgrade has been rescinded. Could they be planning not using Jet’s AOC??

EY had no plan on using 9W's AOC. The board of directors of 9W would direct the officers to apply for routes to the US under 9W's AOC.

With my limited experience with the DGCA it would appears they don’t do anything quickly and if it takes over a year to rescind the downgrade.
Then again not if the DGCA choosed to engage the services of consultants to help them complete the outstanding tasks.

Do they even feel the downgrade warranted?
I doubt the DGCA would admit total fault.

On the other hand EY will not wait for the DGCA they will expand and if they need India aircraft or crews they will find a way don’t you think?
Absolutely... redeployment of assets... physical and tangible

Regarding the downgrade, it was announced that the Indian GCAA expected to meet the FAA requirements by March, and to be returned to their previous grade.
I wish them every bit of luck in their endeavours.

One can only hope for a timely upgrade but more importantly a well trained, a fairly compensated, standardized inspection team would be more helpful in the long run.
True Statement