PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Extra leg room seat charges
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2003, 21:54
Northern Highflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think some have missed the point slightly.

If I went for a Rolls Royce I would expect to pay Rolls Royce prices but then again I would have a mini of I fit into one. If I wanted First Class seating I would expect to pay for it. Same with the champagne analogy.

If someone who wears size 8 shoes should they pay more then someone in a size 6 due to extra foot room ?

MarkD

I wasn't trying to set a benchmark, my point was that these seats are available (even if you exclude the person and their height) as a standard class seat so why do the people sitting in them pay more for them ? It's not as if seats have been taken out to make more room. As an example, if you and curms wife were sat together on a 5 hour flight in standard seats I would expect she would be reasonably comfortable throughtout where as you would be suffering by the end of the trip due to your size.
Paxboy

Maybe I should get a jetstream might be cheaper in the long run. I will hold out for a RHS then hopefully that will be problem solved.

My main point was that the extra leg room has a surcharge because it is classed as a "luxury" which is true for those that can fit into standard seats, but for some it cannot be described as that as they have no option but to use these seats. The seat is the same size and shape and the service I receive is the same, all I am asking is to be able to sit comfortably like anyone else and not have cramps in my legs, not to be able to lounge around.

Airbus

I see your point, I can imagine you get lots of s**t like that happening, but I guess you get people abusing any system. I think I will speak to the doc next time I visit. For short flights I can manage in an ordinary seat but 4 or more hours becomes a problem. Those taller than me must have a nightmare. Like I said in my first post I knew I would get shot down but at least it livened the forum up. I only use airlines for holiday travel but thanks for the offer. I just thought it would be interesting to get some views on the subject.

Thanks for the replies guys

PS. anyone who agrees with me feel free to comment as I seem to be alone so far in my view......

Last edited by Northern Highflyer; 14th Apr 2003 at 23:53.