PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those with a frozen ATPL
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2002, 07:16
Loony_Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here's my story..

I did my course at OATS.. finished in Jan 2000. My course overran considerably.. mainly due to the fact I kept being bumped so the sponsored students could go first and that my twin instructor wasnt part of the old boys club at OATS. . .I spent the best part of £75-80k once you take into account accomodation, food, extra hours, other living expenses etc. I was and still am fortunate to have very supportive parents and

OATS were ****** all help after my course, they had my cash, I had my little blue book from the nice people at Gatwick and that was that.

OATS do "promise" you that you'll easily get a job after graduation.. I know of a some people that got jobs, plenty that didnt.

All I would advocate is that you do your research very thoroughly.. the tiny benefit you may get from going to OATS is outweighed by the huge extra cost...

If I had my time again I WOULD have done things differently.

In my personal experience most Flight Training companies/organisations treat their customers badly, I have been the victim of a few, but also fortunate to find a few that treat their customers well and dont try to trick you in any way.

LP