PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PrivatAir
Thread: PrivatAir
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2014, 09:57
doudou_epl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last summer the assessment was on the NG but I believe it depends
on the availabilities at the training center in AMS but wether its the CL or the NG I believe the assessors will take into account your background.

all engines running you'll fly w/o the FD in raw data the SID then few basic manoeuvers and then you can expect to pick a hold over a VOR. They may give you a radial inbound and a L/R turn, 1 min to check situational awareness and how you fly while thinking about your entry, etc...
then vectors for an ILS (15kts xw and OVC 003... the transition from instr to visual can be tricky)
reset; V1 cut off, state malfunction, engine out turn (departure from zurich)
non normal C/L, vectors for ILS and that's it. You may or may not have the FD for the engine out sequence, the day I did the assessment they were hesitating but finally had them.
You do the itw and then the sim or the contrary with two assessors from the training dept, very nice people standard HR questions but be well prepared for the tech part. In the sim again they were very nice and the one acting as the pm will be helpful if required, even if it's an assessment you don't end doing a single pilot one man show.

Psy assessment in Zurich: you do it at the institute of applied psychology which means there are pro so be prepared to be pushed a bit and your defaults and qualities we'll be easy to underline for them...basically they read you like an open book so be honest and positive. No rocket science for the computer based exercises but it's quite a long assessment so fatigue can get on your nerves.
Hope this will help and all the best ;-)