PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2014, 09:06
Catalystman

@planedrive

As with all posts including mine take it with a barrel of salt.

I do recommend CTC but ONLY if your on a sponsored/tagged scheme (I particularly recommend BA but competition is fierce), do your PPL while you apply to BA first and then second choice with the MPLs etc, I would go modular rather than Wings as even if you get a job through Wings, pay is sooooo low, you will need a 2nd job.

Okay so here is one for you to answer I am a student UK based (which is where the bulk of the 'customer' base is) what is the price difference between doing my CTC Wings course in the US which is 3 months shorter to doing it in NZ where its 3 months longer? Answer ZERO!

So I disagree its all about cost, most of the schemes are for UK airlines so why not train in the UK where you will fly in UK airspace in UK airports and indeed across the channel to expose yourself to continental routes where you will fly and have UK weather/ATC. One reason COST as the same that modular go to the US to hour build as its cheaper but then hang on is CTC cheaper because the flying is done abroad NOOOOOOOOOOOO its more expensive so I still cant figure out why you pay a double premium?! Yes, I can CTC charges UK prices (with CTC mark-up) in the US/NZ hence the only reason to pay this huge mark-up of around £25,000 is if you have a conditional job offer because with the likes of BA you will make it back within 2 years while the others on Wings are on in some cases I have heard are surviving on less than £75 a week once loan repayments have been taken into consideration. That is a horrible position for a pilot to be in charge of a low cost aircraft while Cash Taking Captains buy private planes for their enjoyment.CTC flies higher with private equity backing - Telegraph