PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello! Central Scotland PPL - where to go?
Old 19th Feb 2014, 07:37
dst87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know some had opinions on Open Days, but as I'm registered anyway I think I'll go to Tayside Aviation and have a look. I don't fancy travelling every day, but they do have a Summer School residential which I imagine would be immersive and so beneficial, but keen to hear views on this?

As I said I'll also visit Prestwick, Cumbernauld and Strathaven (to check out Microlights). I'm also still interested about completing a PPL abroad, but probably not. This would involve a more condensed course again, and I wonder if that's actually a good idea. Maybe having the pressure of completing in a certain time isn't good for long-term flying ability and skill (although I know this builds post-PPL)

I'm also worried about getting involved in a club locally when I haven't learned to fly locally. I hope meeting people from each of the places while exploring my options might help that though.

I'll keep you updated

(Oh, and on Scottish Independence: I'd be surprised if 'we' are daft enough to vote for it, although if you believe the Yes-campaigners we'll be living in a utopia by Christmas... I'll be voting NO!)