PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Britannia cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2003, 21:26
carrioke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow I can't believe you guys only do practical SEP every 3 years! Please don't take it the wrong way but I find it rather worrying. We do it every year as well as our written exams. We do practicals with smoke filled cabin, putting out real fires in galley, toilet, cabin etc,decompression, aborted take off, land evac, ditching, doors, equipment handling, restaining, first aid de -fib and CPR , the list goes on. I firmly believe that it is a good idea to do this once a year, maybe it should be every 6 months. I mean how can you keep your skills finely tuned once every 3 years? We all know it all different in reality to a written exam , thats why practicals are so important!It is just my opinion but because our airline does such extensive training I feel confident for the job and safe in the job knowledge that we have been trained so well. Hope no one takes offence with this, I just like to put safety first and I would be interested to know how often other airlines do their written and practical exams, because to be honest when it comes down to it, if you were a SLF who would you rather fly with?