PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those with a frozen ATPL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2002, 19:10
spang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank for your response. I dont want to be seen as a gruppy old maggot. I'm not, I'm hopeful as anyone else. . .That me, the other 400 UK fATPLers(re-BAPLA Conference)plus the X number of Europeans and commonwealth hopefuls.

I could have bought a bigger house, or a new porsche, ferrari, etc. And a still have job a decent income in a good company.

. .All I have is a little blue plastic book that nobody wants and an empty bank account.

For those who are puzzled call OATS yourselves and ask for list of those who have found jobs in the last 12 months.

This is not just since september.

I tried finding out what happened to all the old students. . .Nothing its a void,

Yes the odd lucky one got through from approx '96-'99. Now NOBODY and AIR LINGUS are about to dump another 80 Pilots. Thats got to knock out RYAN AIR.( The only low hours recruiter left).

Surely if your going to spend £75K it worth doing some research. I did in 1998-99, I was told it was rosey by everyone, friends and airlines.

Look whats happened now!!!

(£75K..... you will its the odd extra hour or two, accom, food ,supplies. You'd be amazed how it mounts up. and nobody finishes on time. I was 2nd out of 12.)

. .If I had any idea it was this tough I wouldn't have done it.

WHEN THE MONIES IN THE BANK, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOUR EGOS FLUSHED WITH THE IDEA OF BEING A PILOT.. .JUST DO THE COURSE AND YOUR THERE! Hmmmmm.....

AND WHEN ITS SPENT YOUR TREATED LIKE A TWO BIT SALESMAN BY MOST COMPANIES,ITS SOUL DISTROYING.

But still they'll be folk with dads money lining up to blow it.

But if its yours, as mine WAS, think very long and hard, because you'll sacrafice everything for it!

and finally PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE DONT BORROW THE MONEY.. .I know guys whose parents borrowed against their homes.... and their whole families are now in jepardy.. .I'm serious, its true.

You have been warned.