PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2014, 21:48
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Stop with the over 60's and the 'rorting' stuff. It is absolutely IRRELEVANT!

Taking sick leave (in what ARE rare instances, if true) in the manner suggested means they haven't taken it before. It used to be a matter of considerable pride to retire with 12 months sick leave owing (the maximum). I would suspect the reverse is now true. If you have been treated as badly as Qf has treated people, I guess you would be looked at like an idiot if you didn't take as much as you need. Why go away and risk infecting the crew if you arent 100% fit? If you are that angry with the latest thing the idiots have done to you - to the point you want to strangle your wife, kick the dog and throw the cat at the fridge, should you really be going away for 8-10 days? And that's aside from the long term stress issues - WILL I have a job in 2 years? 5 years? Anyone can fly under any circumstances for 6 months, but after 10 years of nothing but crap?? It all affects people differently - and not being a medico I would not be able to judge.

I am not anti jet*, but I would love to see the average 'sick days owing' currently on Jet* vs Qf - especially Qf say 5 years ago.

The whole issue is a symptom of the cause. The cause is idiotic, appalling and grossly/deliberately negligent management.

Dixon/JOyce have treated Qf like Craig Thomson treated the HSU - their personal piggy bank. And no doubt the board/upper management etc. as well. Then they persecute staff for wearing red ties.

Not a single positive decision for Qf has come out of management for the last 10 years if not longer. The airline IS being destroyed, nothing crew or engineers can do will either improve or hurt it. Far greater damage than staff can wreak has been perpetrated from way higher pay scales than mere workers.