PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Air Interviewing Part Two
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2003, 20:12
NoseGear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiwinewbie,

The subject of Massey came up from one of your own. It was his prissy little post that inspired a little p!$$ taking. I might ask why masseygrad thought that MM was "clearly not from Massey", but that is getting into territory that you or he does not want to cross into. You lot do seem to be pretty sensitive to any sort of critisism. Your post is a good example. I will give you another one. A few years ago when I was in GA we recieved an application from a Massey student. It stated that He/She (we received 2, both the same apart from the name at the top) was enrolled in a world class course designed to produce top class airline pilots. It went on to say that the course ran on a process of self-selection and out of 40 odd students who had begun the course, only 10 remained as the others were mentally and physically unable to handle the rigors of the course (Intimating that these remaining individuals were obviously superior, but they had yet to finish the course themselves). This individual did not even have a CPL or instrument rating yet, but at the end of this asked as to the advisability of doing a 737 rating. I know lots of folks who went to Massey, and they are good people, but things like this don't help your reputation. The general perception in the industry is this, like it or not:
Hi, I'm from Massey, wheres my job?"

Nosey