PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2014, 14:43
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question?
Of the three routes I have flown recently none are available from LGW but all are from LHR. One I fly regularly and I always hire a car and dump it at LHR, but I would fly if I could. I wonder what proportion of travellers from NQY are not flying on a London air service to connect because it is to LGW and they are flying from LHR?

Please no lessons on why using LHR is virtually impossible, we all know that, this is a question of balance between the two London hubs. If the Duchy wants Government intervention to maintain a London link would it be better to LHR not LGW?.

PS straight question no drift into fairoaks, biggin hill etc thanks!!

Quite right GROUNDHOG, it's common sense. If public money is being spent, try and spend it well! Clearly, PSO flights from NQY (or DND for that matter) should be to LHR to take advantage of commuters and transfer pax. Regretably, it ain't going to happen for the forseeable.

Exactly groundhog

You drive to LHR for longhaul flights.

Many take the train to reading or paddington to get to LHR.
the train is problematic, there is a need to hump bags around Reading station then jump on a bus, then hump bags to required terminal. A flight from NQY on the other hand cuts all that out.

If a major player offered a PSO route it would be well utilized for onward and outward connections to and from Cornwall.
Indeed it would, cornishsimon!

Now the dominant alliance at LHR is one world and the most logical carrier to operate a PSO on LHR-NQY for connections would be BA.
BA don't have small enough aircraft (unless it's Cityflyer), BE are part-owned by BA, so might BE be a candidate to operate such a route?

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 18th Feb 2014 at 14:45. Reason: spelling, typos