PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2014, 13:50
Catalystman

Pay another selection fee and you will find out no doubt!

Regarding Arizona, I would guess in the next few years the whole of training will be done in Arizona, fuel substantially less and its maybe a third of the distance to travel so even cadet air fares and travel time are substantially reduced. The NZD has risen a lot in recent years agst the GBP and the cost in NZ would be substantially more and this has been eating into the bottom line as the HQ are based in the UK. Government incentives to local businesses would also play a part, I would expect the US to be able to give more incentives for a business to relocate than the NZ gov to retain an existing business.

If you read the contract you sign it says they can send you anywhere to complete your training and you have to comply so I would expect it would be chosen for you then made compulsory.

As with most of CTC they can reduce the schedule and bring the time down which in theory should bring the price down to the cadet but I would bet my hat there is no price reduction, this is extra margin for CTC by relocating operations to a more tax efficient and cost efficient base.

Its simply a capital investment as they are currently cash rich due to Private Equity Funding & a long term cost saving/profit increasing exercise.