PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 18th Feb 2014, 12:14
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
1helicopterppl;

Tr, on the Kegworth 737 I recall the CC did exactly that & the pilots shut down the wrong engine !
Tr;
Nice one.

That accident occurred in Jan 1989.

Now here's a quick question for you: since then, how many police aircraft have been lost in air accidents in the UK?

Here's the answer, and it makes pretty ugly reading considering the relatively small number of hours flown:

EIGHT !

Now some of you would sound far more convincing suggesting everything in the garden is rosy, and you can't learn anything about flying, if only the figures supported your arguments.

There are one or two intelligent contributors on here. Just spend a little time thinking about those figures before replying.
Didn't the Super Puma on 23 Aug 2013 have 2 pilots?
http://www.aaib.gov.uk/cms_resources...2%20G-WNSB.pdf

"Summary
To date, the wreckage examination and analysis of the recorded data have not found any evidence of a technical fault that could have been causal to the accident, although some work remains to be completed. The ongoing AAIB investigation will focus on the operational aspects of the flight; specifically on the effectiveness of pilot monitoring of instruments during the approach, operational procedures and the training of flight crews.
"

Tr, what was it you said earlier;
Come on guys.
Only one of these three 'very experienced people' (were they?) was a pilot! TFOs can be keen and knowledgeable, but they aren't professional pilots. They don't HAVE to be keen and/or knowledgeable on aviation. (Do they pass tech exams on the EC135???) They just have to fulfil THEIR role!

If you want to make a case for 'many eyes', then you need a second pilot. I'm afraid it's that simple! Don't you dare try to fudge the issue.
I can understand a bit of TL : DR, but your own posts