PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - You know you have become a third rate Air Force when....
Old 18th Feb 2014, 08:07
Educated Armourer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew it was a third rate Air Force when:

I had to travel to Europe to investigate a harassment complaint (that in itself may have been enough for some people, but I actually believe that the system is basically a good one) and was out of pocket for my trouble. I worked 12 hour days, did not touch a beer and scrounged all my cups of tea from the section that I was working in. After 3 days I came home and was about 30 euros down. Not a great amount in the big scheme of things, but am I the only one that believes if the RAF send you somewhere it shouldn't cost you unless you choose to spend your money in the bar etc? I had to have an internet connection to carry on working into the evening (couldn't claim) and had the basic choice in the PAYD facility. With the demise of IE the trip cost me, as unfortunately most of my trips have since about 2009 or so apart from OOA.

I believe that the lost capability etc previously mentioned is far more important - but much of the criticism in the thread was about management concentrating on the minutiae, but unfortunately even that is only with regard to some selected areas of the minutiae rather than what matters to the troops.