PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2014, 07:07
OhForSure

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The next move for pilots???

So isn't the LH agreement up towards the end of this year? When will negotiations begin for that? Is it at all possible that the company will be talking to AIPA now to try and get something rolling to tie in with the Feb 27 announcement?

If VR is offered, does the company have to offer it to those at the top of the seniority list first and work their way down? Or can they offer it direct to those that are surplus on certain fleets ie 744/763 and bypass others who may want it?

Everyone has been talking about a "B-Scale" being the only way that Qantas will hire pilots again.

I'm wondering what the more likely scenario is regarding a B-scale:
-Fleet pay for new S/Os, then present conditions?
-A reduced pay scale for S/Os whilst they are S/Os, to return to normal pay whilst on the SH EBA and then normal pay as F/O and Capt at LH?
-A reduced pay scale for new S/Os that is carried on throughout all ranks for the duration of their time at Qantas?
-Some other system?

Does anyone know what AIPAs (and the pilot groups) preference is with regard to this? My opinion is pilots would rather not have ANY B-scale of any description, but it sounds like the only way it's going to happen, and if that's the case I'd say most guys would prefer the first option of fleet pay for new S/Os then present conditions.