PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Habsheim
Thread: Habsheim
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2014, 21:28
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
I thot I saw a reference to a 'bus driver that tried to duplicate the crash. At a safe altitude, of course, and with lottsa prior planning. Reference requested.

I must also point out that commanded "gee" ( Nz) may not result in actual gee. Once the jet gets slow enough, it just can't do it and the AoA laws kick in until you have max or prot or whatever all those "limits" are. You can reach some of the AoA limits at "speed" well above what we saw in the crash profile. You know, the basic "high speed stall" conditions.

I also continue to see comments that the jet maintains one gee. I don't think this is accurate, as all the manuals I have seen and the video that Chris referenced make it clear that the jet maintains a one gee Nz " command" corrected for attitude if the stick is in neutral ( hands off). So after takeoff at a 15 degree or so climb attitude, you won't have a one gee seat of the pants, but will be slightly less. The video also implies that in a steady 30 degree bank angle that hands-off gee command is more than one gee Nz.

Oh well, think I'll go back to the lurk mode to see what all the "heavy" folks contribute.