PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2014, 08:40
Arthur Pape

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts
More Info on CAD

Hi All,
The issue of the aviation colour perception standard is coming intensely under scrutiny, once again, in Australia. There is a great deal of political and aviation medical interest in the lead up to a new AAT (Administrative Appeals Tribunal) appeal by a colour vision defective professional pilot. The fact that this sort of scrutiny can happen at all says a great deal for the fairness of the Australian political and legal system. As part of this process, the nature of the CAD test is of particular interest to a number of people who have political influence. I have been able to provide a deal of basic information about this test, but I am looking for evidence that the CAD test outcome has little relevance to the piloting ability of individuals being tested. I have access to several instances where pilots with impressive and extensive airline experience have had to do the CAD, have failed it, and have then gone on to demonstrate there "safe" status by some other means. I invite statements from more such people to add to the weight of evidence on this topic. I assure anyone who contributes to this appeal that their anonymity will be totally assured. Please send details as a private message on this forum or directly to me at [email protected]