PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farnborough Airspace Proposal
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2014, 07:55
Bob Upanddown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The times I have used Farnborough, they have sometimes be protective of "their" even though they didn't really own it. I have been turned but then just left to my own navigation. If they get to own the airspace, I can see VFR transits being more difficult than from Solent. This is going to cause mid-air collisions by forcing VFR traffic into ever smaller rat-runs or choke-points. Maybe someone should count the number of infant schools, puppy farms, hospitals, and the like under the choke-points and ask the question what will happen when two aircraft collide and land on a school full of children, then give that to the Daily Wail.

The document they present is factually incorrect. If you look at the figures for movements at Bournemouth, they must be counting only scheduled traffic, not the huge number of IFR movements due to private flights and training by the flying schools.

Now, if someone deliberately or otherwise gives incorrect information to gain advantage, then the application should be thrown out.