PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 19:42
Danny42C

Chugalug,

How right you are ! I really ought to have known much better. I should, as you say, "lain low and said nuthin' ", like wise Brer Rabbit. But I suppose that I must have hoped that once, just once, the RAF might have not been "speaking with forked tongue". Ah, well.

Your: "and as they secured the car". Did a couple of brawny deckhands "bounce" it into its slot, as they did ours ? And the Hovercraft - wouldn't they have been useful in the floods today ? (Admittedly, everyone around would have got very wet, but then they were wet to start with, and it's no worse than standing at the curb when a car goes past in the rain).

Hope you got your money's worth out of the Polo, including monstrous impost of HM Treasury. You might like to know that seized smuggled wines and spirits are poured down the drain, seized tobacco is burned in an incinerator (the "Queen's Pipe"). What a shame !

Danny.

PS. I served out my last thirteen years as an Officer of Customs & Excise (but in VAT), so was never one of your tormentors.....D.

Last edited by Danny42C; 16th Feb 2014 at 23:52. Reason: Correction.