PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 16th Feb 2014, 18:24
Art of flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Falcon900

Your last post would really fit with a pilot suddenly presented with a conflicting fuel display and warnings, the actions then taken by the pilot are of course a matter of speculation, but we know how it ended. I do think you have summed up what might well have happened.

I've tried to confine myself to describing the aircraft and the operational procedures.

I'm now really looking to the AAIB to identify a fault in the aircraft display or sensing systems before I start to think like others on here about the pilots actions.

The fact we know is that the transfer pumps and prime pumps were in the wrong positions, thus denying the only actual fuel present reaching the engines. What we hope to know is wether the displays and warnings were being accurately presented to the pilot. If they were it's probably all going to come down to wrong switch selection/position and not dealing with what happened afterwards.....

If the AAIB provide evidence that the fuel system or displays/warnings were not presented in the expected manner, we move on to a series of unknown responses by the pilot to unfamiliar and perhaps conflicting information. Of course there is no escaping the fact that with both engines out the ultimate task to perform a full EOL to the ground was unsuccessful if attempted, I think we shall never know many of these things.