PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 16th Feb 2014, 17:15
Fortyodd2

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
I've discussed this report over the last couple of nights at the crew brief. The one word that cropped up from the TFO's on both nights was "disappointment".
Nothing to do with the AAIB's quality of reporting just disappointment that so many captions, warnings and clues over at least a 10 minute period which have gone either un-noticed by the TFO's or un-actioned by the pilot.
Following the appearance of any caption, if I have not acknowledged to the crew that I have seen it and explained why it's appeared and what I've done about it, they speak up. We cannot understand why at least 4 amber captions, (2 of which should not be on in flight under normal circumstances), 2 Red captions with audio and lowering supply tank levels have resulted in continuing flight rather than a precautionary landing.

Thomas, I think your perspective is in the ball park but I would add in the possibility that after moving away from the hover the prime pumps were selected on rather than the Tx pumps - reach up without looking, find 2 switches in roughly the right place that move in the expected direction -Cognitive failure - but still doesn't explain why the consequent captions were ignored or discounted.

Like yourself and MG, I have always done the same with regard to the switching of the transfer pumps.