PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Overcoming the fear of flying
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 16:01
Andy_P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pace
The other way is saturation exposure ie in the case of stalling stalling in every config and beyond until you no longer fear the manoeuvres!
Cant say I agree more. I said to my instructor yesterday, that I need to go out to the training area and just spend a couple of hours doing stalls. I am starting to get used to it now, and I think doing more incipient spin recovery will help. Most people would only do a couple of hours of stalls, I think I already have 5-6hours! From now on, we are going to do some stalls at the end of each lesson.

Originally Posted by localflighteast
I think I could have written 90% of what you've written myself. Yep I too have gone from being too scared to get on a plane to flying one on my own.

Even now, after far too many hours , I still get anxious when soloing. Even last week I was on the verge of turning back after dropping off my instructor. I still have to remind myself to breath out there.

Once I do breathe it call comes flooding back,the training ,the ability , the confidence.
You were one of the people that PM'ed that also had some fear. There is another person here also. It was actually you two that prompted me to write this out. Someone else also asked me for updates on the training, so I will keep this thread going as I progress.