PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indus Air
Thread: Indus Air
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 13:17
Bye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well i can certainly vouch for the fact that the owners are not crooks.

As for being idiots, well a bit harsh to be honest, they have a sound business plan fully approved by the CAA and have a real passion to create an airline in Pakistan for the people.

However in my opinion they have simply under-capitalised the whole operation from start to today.

they have also been naieve in thinking they would get the help and support they needed, rather than them being seen as another cash cow.

They have struggled to get hold of aircraft of any use, again owners of basically scrap aircraft trying to screw a few dollars out of them.

There is very little infrastructure in Pakistan to support such a start up in terms of spares and crews and training and they are having to deal accross cultures to get things done.

The rupee has recently been re-valued and caused country wide problems with cash going to pay foreigners or exports.

They are limited to flying within their own boundaries for now which has stopped some of their route plans.

so i don't agree they are crooks or idiots. They do have honorable intentions, and they have invested a lot of their own money in the venture.

The only thing that makes them idiots is investing a large amount of their own money into the venture to try and do something they have a passion for, rather than just spending the money on supercars.

with the 737 being used for spares, they were advised to buy the aircraft as a spares ship for stripping as it would be cheaper and easier than trying to get parts as and when needed.