PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 11:25
_IRL_Flyer

. Anyway look forward to the annual report to see how a profit was made in year one when numbers still declined dispute new services which would of being heavily discounted. Did SNN announce lots of cuts internally?
I don't remember SNN announcing any cuts internally.

Taking away the Santa flights, there was a very very small decline. The SNN BRS/RNS routes were dropped last year and there could of been cuts to Omni Air flights etc from SNN. CSO count those flights. When CSO publish there Dec 2013 stats next month we will get a better picture as to why there was a small decline.

Yes it will be interesting too see SNN's first Annual Report.

I was in denial about the Santa flights being counted because I thought the growth was from the new services that were launched from Shannon last year. There are posters saying its ridiculous there counted and there pretend pax etc. I disagree with all of this I think it's a good PR move for both SNN & FR. It generated awareness about the new routes that are starting in April. I think it's good to see SNN back on track. SNN is doing what it can to recover from its decline over the past few years. There will be proper growth this year with the extra capacity and new services being launched.

Seriously, if you think this issue can be brushed aside with some kind of sleeveen interpretation of what constitutes a passenger, you need to reflect a little more on the situation.
This issue can easily be brushed aside. Your one of the only people making an issue out of it.

Last edited by _IRL_Flyer; 16th Feb 2014 at 15:50.