PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 16th Feb 2014, 09:44
rantanplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
This bizarre and irrational politically (in)correct fanaticism to refuse to accept any possible fault in a dead driver is simply dishonest. It may not be palatable but we know that the vast majority of accidents are caused by human factors, and trying to absolve the humans by inventing the most ludicrously unlikely excused for their accident does them no honour. Just let it be accepted that even the nicest bloke, the finest pilot, the best buddy can screw up. I can. You can. Why can't they? Why is it such a problem to accept that the dead could have made a mistake?

I lived in the little village south of Glasgow where DT lived as well. And my office in Glasgow was just a half mile away from the crash site. However many people have been much closer to this accident. For me things happened are difficult to believe they are real.
It is always a shock when the best of the best encounter what we do not want to believe and perhaps try not to accept.

The quote above is most true and reasonable, a lot more 'professional' than some of the very experienced pilots here who seem to be in some sort of shell shock and clearly unable to deal with a very inconvenient truth. And, FAO John, one doesn't need to be a helicopter pilot or even a professional pilot to understand human failures in stress. Pilots are no aliens, in stress they react quite similar as all other humans. Lots of evidence around.

talking ar's and flare: I feel one should never get in the situation to have two flamed out engines right over a city centre, they didn't flame out at the same time and apparently red low fuel warnings were on. It does not look good but I would agree with TR that the pilot needs a good defence.
This society likes to jump on what seems to be an easy victim, just to make some money - or cover their very own faults -makesmetink abut some prof's here ..

rp