PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cost of 100 hourly's
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 07:57
onetrack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I guess Sigma Aerospace was absolutely bowled over by applicants in this case, then ....

Sigma Aerospace is a leading aerospace Maintenance and Repair Organisation (MRO) based in Tamworth, New South Wales. Sigma's clients include QANTASLINK, Jetstar, Cobham, National Jet Systems, QANTAS Defence, Air Niugini and Air Nelson.
Due to significant growth, Sigma Aerospace has exciting, long term contract opportunities for Avionic Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAME's) in Canberra whilst also inviting expressions of interest from Mechanical and Avionic LAME's for future positions in Canberra and Brisbane.

.... For your hard work you will enjoy a competitive hourly rate with Avionics LAMEs $68.50 and Mechanical LAME's $59.00 plus great opportunities for professional development. Enjoy mixed shift work including days, afternoons and night shifts.
SCOUT - Aircraft Maintenance Engineers (LAME)

Good equipment fitters and wrenchmen here on the left coast can command top-class money virtually anywhere. I would have thought LAME's and AME's would have been on similar income.
I was paying a top-class diesel mechanic $150,000 p.a. as my workshop leading hand, in 1994 - and he could have got similar money elsewhere.
Today, those same people can command $250K p.a. in the heavy equipment industry - and any of them with a little nous have their own contract repair business.