PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 07:36
Stalins ugly Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and that's why the capital went where it went. Remember, it's not just the Pilots enjoying above market conditions. When coupled with all the add ons and dead weight, it's pretty substantial.
Oh i'm sure thats why the capital went to J*, pilots wages! Cast your mind back a few years and you may remember before all the capital was transferred to Jetstar then you only had a few aircraft QANTAS was making over a BILLION DOLLARS in profit. As Jetstar expanded over the last 5-7 with Qantas capital our overall profits have decreased exponentially. FACT. What also cracks me up is AJ keeps on bleating about loads are up but yields are down! DER, AJ! thats what happens when you change your market to a low yield market and allow Virgin to cash in on the top end. You reap what you sow.

As for the rest. I remember sitting down with a senior group manager and asking why the expansion is in Jetstar (787) and not Qantas. The reply was the Jetstar pilot group costs 50 million less for the same safety data. Meaning why are we paying Qantas pilots 50 million more, for no more measurable increase in safety.
Thats complete BS. Your goose status is increasing! You are saying to operate 14 787s Jetstar pilots are 50mill cheaper p/y? Good try!

I'd prefer to earn less and know the company was viable and expanding, than earn more and have no progression and no future.
I'm sure AJ will give a big kiss to thank you for that! Goose status complete!

Here's a Joke for you GG.

Q: What's the difference between a Jetstar pilot and a pizza??

A: A Pizza can feed a family of 4.