PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 07:16
_IRL_Flyer

Were passengers issued with return tickets at check in to count as passengers.

CONAIR11 keep coming up with the excuses!!
Nobody's making excuses EI A330 300. Can we not ask questions? You & GCFUD seem really bothered by this. I've seen GCFUD's posts on boards too.

It came two 9,000 or 8,996 because roughly 4,500 people departed SNN and the same amount arrived back into SNN. So they got counted twice. There have been comments made on this a while back.

I'm not too sure if the tickets they were issued with were return or just one way.

Agree with a previous poster, no one seems bothered about this only a few people on various forums on the internet.

. Conair (highly appropriate username in this case by the way!), by your logic Shannon should just spend the rest of the Noonan giveaway cash flying passengers for free up and down the west coast to nowhere all day and night every day for the next year - as long as they are paying I'm sure Ryanair will be happy to oblige. They'd be the second
busiest airport on the island by the end of the year and would have plenty to write about in next year's press releases.

Counting these 'passengers' in the end of year's stats is beyond ridiculous.
Kinocker, SNN is not going to spend the Noonan give away on things like this. At the moment it's doing improvements to the Terminal outside. They are going to building a new hangar as well. Air Contractors have also got a maintenance hangar in SNN now. There also 10 new routes starting in April. Your more of a NOC fan anyway so of course you'd find this ridiculous.

But, sure, it's SNN who are including the 'domestic' stats. Without the 'domestic' and, in particular, the Santa flights, they wouldn't be able to say they'd an increase in passengers in 2013..
Of course SNN are including the Domestic Stats. All Airports include Domestic Stats. The Santa flights are rightly included in this section as pointed out previously they flew from SNN and back to SNN.

Last edited by _IRL_Flyer; 16th Feb 2014 at 08:18.