PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2014, 01:06
FYSTI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Qantas guys are certainly bitter. It's not jetstars fault. If it were not Jetstar it'd be tiger and Qantas would be really in deep **** without any of that revenue
Can you conclusively & definitively prove this statement within the constraints of AASB 115 Segment accounting policy? Has any material statement from Qantas or any of its senior exec acknowledged this? Consolidated ASX audited accounts "net out on consolidation", and thus remove segment accounting.

The answer is no information has been made public that allows confirmation, nor equally disproof of your statements. These statements simply cannot be tested, and are therefore moot until more information is released.

But the question is, if there was evidence to validate such statements and put this question to rest, why haven't they been released?

So by propagating as fact, such statements without the possibility of either verification or falsification you become an unwitting agent of disinformation.

If you can point me to factual sources that validate your argument, I will STFU.

I would also add that these techniques are being honed on mainline, and once the end game is revealed, they will be rolled out into other group entities. You can be assured it may be someone else's problem today, but it is only a question of time before it is deployed on all "group" entities in the future. You won't escape it, as the pressure will always be there to continuously cut costs, there is no end point for this process.