PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NTSB update on Asiana 214
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2014, 13:52
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upsets and close to the edge flying is still not covered satisfactorily in synthetic training.

What creates this problem, if you see it that way, is that the vast % of training is to try and keep the crew well away from anything that might require this type of training. However, in our real world of a chain of humans of differing skill levels, mother nature, mechanical wear & tear and our good old friend Murphy, there are occasions where these skills are required. Sadly the financial guys have, perhaps, done their risk assessment and persuaded the powers that be, inside and outside their airlines that the costs of the skill training outweigh the resultant benefits. There are not, yet, enough smoking holes in the significant states who could bring influence to bear on this philosophy. A few crashes in the outer reaches of civilisation might to be expected in their eyes eyes. IMHO there have been enough on their own doorstep to cause some deep concern. Are the correct people asking the correct questions and demanding the correct answers? I wonder.