PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 15th Feb 2014, 13:50
Art of flight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AWB and others,

I'm not the Mod on here but in my opinion your input is as welcome as anyone else, sometimes we pilots can be too close to things, the link you have provided should be used by anyone who wants to know about the fuel system without asking often repeated questions on this thread so well done for providing it. I've just read it and whilst it does provide correct terminology of cautions and warnings which has caused confusion amongst posters here, it is very loose in other area's. Specifically the amber pump cautions do not alert the pilot to the fact the main tank is empty, that's just rubbish! they have nothing to do with the main tank at all apart from saying they have stopped working or have no fuel over them. The amber supply tank cautions alert the pilot to a specific content remaining in the respective supply tank. The Red warnings do not come on 'shortly' after the amber cautions. They are designed to come on at a specific fuel quantity remaining in the supply tanks! If the manufacturer thinks loose phaseology such this helps, thank goodness that pilots know the system a little better!
In summary, if the sensors don't work as advertised and the manufacturer can't accurately describe how the system works we're all in trouble before we take off.

Thanks TR and Vend.

Last edited by Art of flight; 15th Feb 2014 at 14:00.