PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hello! Central Scotland PPL - where to go?
Old 15th Feb 2014, 10:38
dst87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glasgow_Flyer
I'm a bit out of it in the UK - but I've had great experiences at Prestwick Flying Club and Leading Edge. Both very different - and Prestwick is obviously a bit of a drive - but, at 26, if you have no other commitments you'd find yourself driving down there for a 1 hr lesson and spending the rest of the day speaking with folk/learning in the club house.

Controversial, but I'd also consider doing your circuit training as part of a holiday somewhere with no landing fees (I did three or four days of circuits at Larnaca).
Thanks. Funnily enough I'd looked at doing the full intesive PPL with Fly In Spain, but figured there was no point learning to fly in beautiful, perfect conditions when I won't be flying in those conditions post-PPL very often!

I want to meet people and learn from people so it's good to hear there are places to hang out and study if you can't get in the sky for some reason (or before/after flying). I definitely want a friendly club!

Even at 26, I have a long term boyfriend, mortgage and dog! So reasonably tied, but nothing stopping me spending time at Prestwick

I'm going to visit Prestwick Flight Centre and and ACS/Leading Edge in Cumbernauld over the next few weeks and see how I feel about each before deciding.