PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2014, 10:03
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panpanpanpan

I find it ironic how you comments say things like lets not start the debate again, etc. yet on the back of such comments you get you twopence worth in on the subject, so in effect starting the debate again ...

You are a dedicated supporter of BHD, I remember this when I see posts from you. your arguments lack any statraregic thinking, the debate has been about sustainability , I fly from both airports mostly BHD of late and I admit I prefer the airport in most aspects, but the issue is sadly that there might be big investors standing behind both airports but say 10 years from now we will see if the investment each one needs in forthcoming and I fear we will end up with 2 airports like PIK .. An example of an airport that has seen little investment due to declining revenue.

The future is mapped out as both airports are marginally profitable and significant investment has been made, hence not simply a case of closing one of the other.

In the mean time beyond where the public eye can see the airlines will continue to squeeze the airports for the lowest possible costs and the airports agreeing to marginal fees to maintain business. This is also not sustainable and is the cause and effect of having 2 airports serving a city with a small population.

Though Belfast is my home / neighbourhood , I'm not participating in this debate any further.