PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub
Old 14th Feb 2014, 16:28
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys

For those of us that are not familiar with the EC135 is there any chance of a little more clarity, in factual terms, as to the exact nature of the incident.

If I understand it correctly, there were two low fuel warning indicators which illuminated (along with aural indications) to warn to the pilot that fuel was becoming critically low. The procedure in the FM is to land within 10 minutes and there was sufficient fuel in the tank for a safe landing to have taken place.

I'm guessing that the Fuel Transfer Pumps should have been ON to assist with the transfer of the remaining fuel from the tanks, through to the header tanks, and that because these were not on there was not sufficient fuel flow to the engine(s) and they subsequently flamed out.

I'm also guessing that there was not sufficient time for the pilot to react to the double flame out and as a result the RRPM decayed to an un-recoverable level resulting in the crash.

I have no interest in blame I just want to understand if I'm correct in what and why it happened.

Thanks

Joel