PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robinson R44
Thread: Robinson R44
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2014, 15:18
B47

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We knew this was coming. It's all well and good for those of us who have been in helicopters for years and who can interpret the previous FAA AD as sufficient warning, but the problem is RHC are selling their products to many first time owners who are suckered into helicopter ownership by their flying school (don't get me going on the lies told of operating costs and free flying with the magic 'leaseback' to the school..). All this with the completely disingenuous 'promise' of fixed costs over a twelve year period between overhauls. I'd laugh if this wasn't so dishonest. I doubt there has been one R44 that hasn't suffered an AD clout like this in its first twelve years. RHC should drop any claim to fixed term costs - they now look ridiculous. This blade AD has effectively written off every non-hydraulic Astro - only 300 left in the world apparently - customer go hang, again. I had the good sense to sell my Raven II and assist another friend in selling his - both went overseas. Good riddance - now happily behind a diesel in my DA40. To the dark side, over and out.