PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Proviation customer care problems
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2014, 07:26
PaulKerry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...the allegation was frequently made that Proviation was causing genuine critical reviews to be suppressed
Nick has admitted doing this and tried to justify doing it here in this very thread when he wrote:
As a company we are encouraged not to block negative reviews. In many cases we don’t; but in some examples where we find a situation unacceptable, we have, in order to communicate with the buyer. But mostly, to prevent scare-mongering on this thread, the copying of the review, and in order to prevent any undue panic among customers if the subject of the review was based on an unavoidable outside problem.
Flagging those reviews as in violation of TP ToS is dishonest no matter what his personal reasons may be and is completely incongruent with his claims to always having acted with honesty and integrity.
Also, the reviews were being reposted as a result of the flagging campaign on negative reviews. If the negative reviews weren't being flagged down, they would never have been reposted here.
To claim that they were being flagged to prevent them being posted here is putting the cart before the horse. Cause leads to effect, not the other way around.

His claim that I have " for the last 12 months consistently blocked positive reviews of legitimate customers" is a falsehood.
In fact, some pages back, I even asked those who were doing so to cease because it was muddying the waters.

There was a series of about three reviews recently which I suspected to be fake. I flagged them.
There have also been one or two reviews which have used "names or personal details" and seeing that Nick flags negative reviews for such violations, it was only fitting that his positive ones be flagged for the same.
However, in total, I think I can count no more than about six reviews which were flagged by myself and the person responsible for the recent spate of flagged positive reviews actually put his hands up to it in this thread, yet still Nick falsely accuses me of that.

His claim that I am not working is untrue as is his claim that the client I mentioned to him does not exist.

http://www.internal-reflections.com/...cyFuExists.mp3

This interview is an accurate representation of the conversation that took place and my thanks go to Tracy (a researcher in what she calls the "shopper-marketing" industry) for taking the time to do this and allowing me to post it here. It's worth a listen because not only does she outright contradict many of Nick's claims she also says some interesting things about him, his attitude and his business.

I have edited out some dead-space, a few things that were said which related to personal details and a phone-call which occurred during the conversation but other than that, it is unadulterated.

As for his claims that I am working illegally, he has got that idea by talking to another supplier of aviation products and said supplier's engineer.
These are people who know me personally... Or, at least did some years ago.

Some time ago, I suffered an injury to my spine which meant that going out to work was not possible and for a period of time, I claimed benefits due to my inability to work.
What these people, and hence, Nick do not know is that after I got married, unwilling to remain in the benefit-trap, I registered as self-employed, taking myself off those benefits in the process.
Even though I did not make any money for quite a while, I worked at creating a means of working from home in such a way that whatever my state of mobility, it would still be possible to be productive.
With the help of my wife, I dug myself out of the hole I was in and am now providing a very popular service to clients who are queuing for weeks and in some cases, months, to make use of my service... and they are well aware of how long they will have to wait. No-one is deceived as to how long they will have to wait or what it is that I provide and they are still happy to book in advance for the chance to get onto my schedule.
In the interview, a reseller is mentioned. This reseller is not the only reseller of my services and about a year ago, another reseller booked time on my schedule just for the chance to talk to me and ask me to allow them to resell my time.

Never did I tell Nick that I am an expert in business strategy although I did offer to pass him on to one - the lady interviewed in the mp3 supplied.

If Nick truly believes that I am working illegally, then I suggest that he report me to the DWP. They will check their records and determine that his accusation is unjustified. After all, I've been submitting tax-returns for some years, now. If I were doing that and claiming unemployment benefits, I think they'd have come a-knocking before now.

Nick also claims that I am not who I say I am. Really? Who do I claim to be? Where is it in this thread (or anywhere else) that I claim to be anyone or anything?
As far as my username goes, it isn't my full name but I could call myself Fred Flintstone on an Internet forum, it doesn't mean that I am claiming to be married to Wilma and have a best friend called Barney!

Question: how often did Proviation charge cards before shipment and, if they did so, why?
A post on his own website would suggest that the answer to that is all of them up until Nov 2013.

Similarly we have been able to withhold charging cards since November 2013 for orders which could not be immediately fulfilled,
This is a lot shorter than the one I was intending to give.
However, wanting to strike whilst the iron is still hot and being rather short on time right now, I decided to provide these details for the time being.
I still intend to cover some of the other untruthful things that Nick has posted about myself and the order I placed.
I am not the one distorting the truth, here. Nick's account of the details of my order is fictitious as is his claim that I harbour anti-aviation sentiments.

Paul..

Last edited by PaulKerry; 16th Feb 2014 at 09:12.