PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inability to get it even remotely right - an unlimited series
Old 14th Feb 2014, 04:20
Snake man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps it would be appropriate to look at this letter in a different light:
I believe that some of our pilots, whilst playing the "humble game" when they first arrive in Dubai, slowly find their sense of self-entitlement growing beyond reasonable proportions as the years go by. Finally, when they reach the left seat, this over-inflated sense of self-entitlement has reached unhealthy proportions, and they get into trouble.
Demanding a duvet, when there are only enough to cover the amount of 1st class passengers, or duck-starter, or whatever else, is going to generate a report from the cabin crew. Not because they are vindictive, but because if a 1st class passenger complains that he couldn't have the lamb-shanks; that report is going to filter all the way through cabin services, to catering, and finally end at the purser's feet. When the purser says that Captain Precious demanded the lamb-shanks, this is going to end at AS's feet. And then he's going to have to respond. First response: kick Captain Precious in the jack. Second response: put out an e-mail to all, so that it doesn't happen again.
Is the e-mail reasonable? I think at the very least it's understandable. Is it well written? Quite frankly, I think that some of the workforce is so hostile, that even a letter penned by Hemingway himself, would meet with derision.
The point is: do all the chaps with unhealthy levels of self-entitlement get the message? Calm down, precious. Occasionally you might have to rough it, and sleep with one pillow, not two. You might sleep with a blanket, not a duvet. And yes, you might not get the duck starter.
Enough nonsense now.

SM