PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2014, 18:39
Reely340

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Reely340,
You are going too far.
Deliberate provocation, one has to beat the bush to stirr up some answers.

Several members of this forum know personally the person you are talking about, maybe they will add something.
That would be great, exactly what I've been searching for since hearing about the G2.
If there are personal friends of him on that forum, there must be someone knowing the real reason for him choosing an icing- and low G sensitive engine configuration for his otherswise really great aircraft.

I'm pretty sure Mr. Guimbal knew about S300C/CB/CBi engine history, R22 accidents etc. He hopefully did not draw straws while designing, hence I am genuinely interested in the underlying decision leading to a carburated engine...

But as far as I'm concerned, I won't talk to you anymore.
That's a pity. You were a cute tree to rub against

I'd still like to hear from you if you personally really think carburated is better than FI.

And if not, I'd hoped to hear from you as many reasons as are thinkable, be them finacial (inital cost / maintennance cost), political (no FI for the french coalition deserters ?), psychological... that might justify Guimbal's decision. I really am at the beginning of my helicopter industry intrinsics learning curve, and are craving insights into its backgrounds.

The only thing I admittedly have a problem with is statemants like "I'm right just because", I do plead guilty in that respect, especially in technical discussions. I never was good at merely believing "higher authorities", w/o being presented sesible reasoning.