PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Towing Aircraft
Thread: Towing Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2014, 17:55
Lightning5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loosely associated with aircraft towing. Many years ago at a fighter base in Fife it was my turn for a week as a corporal I/c duty crew. The week went well until a 23 Sqn Jav went of the runway. Crash siren blasting around the base and panic in the duty crew room!! Now ,we were based in one of the ancient early wooden hangars that has numerous support pillars. In our panic, me driving the crash kit on the bomb trolley , taking a corner a little too soon, managed to jam said trolley between the pillars. Ten minutes now spent jacking the bomb trolley to free it from it,s prison ! Tower is now going berserk , where the hell is the crash crew? We dare not tell them! Finally freed, we went screaming through the partial open hangar doors ( wooden doors, but big ) when there was a rather loud bang, followed by a rather louder bang. What the hell was that was the cry?
No problem came back the reply just keep driving, we will try to put the hangar door back on later !! Not a good night, but we did get the Jav out of the mud.