PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2014, 13:50
ACT Crusader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VH Cheer-up wrote:
I have met him and can vouch that he's all that and more. A very, very experienced man, who has seen a lot of corporate nonsense both inside and outside the aviation sector.

Sometimes people get slagged for holding an opinion with which others do not agree. In my view, it's far better to hold a contrarian opinion, than to lack the intellect to make one capable of forming any kind of opinion at all.
He may be experienced and have a lot of valuable things to write about aviation but his reading of the automotive sector is way off in my view.

Sunfish wrote:
The destruction of the Australian automotive industry is just a taste of what Tony Abbott has in store for you.
This is just hyperbole and fails to recognise for example that Ford was up the creek years ago, Holden failed with the Cruze and Toyota plainly admitted to the Productivity Commission that it could produce the Camry in two other countries - this so called 'destruction' has very little to do with the current Government or the previous one for that matter. The Bracks Review from a few years ago and the submissions of the major players tell us as much.