PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Malaga
Thread: Malaga
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2014, 13:43
MKY661

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew from Malaga to Southend on Monday last. T3 is still very much a work-in-progress - at least half of the shops are still under construction - but a VERY big Burger King (that sells beer with your Whopper meal!!!) and some excellent views from the D Gate areas. Big new duty-free with some VERY knowledgeable staff - I was given a potted history of Andalucian Wine and Cheese as I browsed.

Security on departure was a breeze although the entire departure area was very quiet on a Monday afternoon / evening. T2 is as it has always been - but looking a bit tatty now - and T1 is blocked off behind hoardings. Train to Fuengirola remains mega-cheap.

And just to wind "Phileas Fogg" up a little in his villa - or his bedsit in Peckham or whatever it is - the flight back was pretty full. Now - pay attention PF - that means that there were SOME empty seats (maybe 10 in total??). Is that clear enough for you - the flight was pretty full but there were SOME empty seats. I would not want you to kick your toys out of the pram again.

In conclusion - Malaga Airport is looking good - but give it time for all the new retail areas to be completed.
Was this Monday 10th? If it was, was your flight around 9pm and did it leave from Gate C39? If it was I was on the Liverpool flight