PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2014, 07:45
Stalins ugly Brother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Court transcript.....

AJ: We need to make X hundred pilots redundant. I understand that the WD and past practice says its strict seniority, last on first off. But QANTAS faces an unprecedented attack from foreign state owned airlines via a loss making strategy implemented by Virgin. We can't compete with their unlimited funding. We are losing squillions. If we follow LOFO principle, its going to cost X hundred million dollars because of the retraining costs and the time delay in getting everyone where we need them. This puts the whole group in an unacceptable position. If we have to follow LOFO, QFI will no longer be viable, and we will have to withdraw from all routes leading to the loss of X thousand jobs.

If we can have relief from LOFO in this extraordinary instance, we have a chance to survive and make the QANTAS group competitive again blah blah blah. Also, if the court pleases, I refer you to the Kendall CRJ case in whatever year
Judge: So, aren't you the same man that was in my court 2 years ago pushing for this determination? And aren't you the same man at that time who stated that you were happy with the ruling and it now allowed you to run your business as you so wish? And aren't you the same man who has just cried poor to the government for financial assistance and have been granted in what can only be described as a low interest line of credit that will allow you to take the appropriate actions in regards to retraining as referred to in my determination? Your employees have been granted no such luxuries.
So after determining all this you now want me to change my ruling to again accommodate your mandate that can only be described at best as being half baked and lacking any foresight and to disadvantage a group of employees who of good faith have accepted the FW determination and have moved on with their lives? May I remind you again it was you that wanted this determination.

So, are you here purely to waste my time Mr Joyce or do you have something else???

AJ: (undecipherable)

Judge: Dismissed!

NEXT..............