PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 13th Feb 2014, 05:47
odericko2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gear up job

remember i said only FO's were moving from the 737 to the 787, the left seat will be crewed by the 767 Skippers.

KQ management is playing politics, that is why they are having expat Captains right now. You tell me the rationale of bringing in expats while you have over 40 F.O's who have met the upgrade requirements and are stuck on the higher fleet waiting for their promotion. As things stand currently i just don't see that huge shortage on the left that everyone keeps yelling about. What about the Kenyan skippers who were rendered jobless when jet link folded, are they not good enough for KQ Ejets, what about 540 pilots struggling to get into KQ and not even being given as much as a glance. If you are holding a Kenyan passport and you are jobless right now, its probably because of all these shenanigans by the Management.

If K.Q highers from within, it also creates employment out of K.Q and creates a more vibrant pool of pilots to pick from in the future. Anyway i digress, sorry. The fact is a lot of movement should be on the right side, as mentioned earlier all 767 F.O's are moving to the E. jet on the left, that is about 40 of them waiting at present. No new Embraers this year, there are already a total of 20 E190's which was the target anyway, and 5 E170's which will soon be faced out. Two 738's to be delivered next year, creating more need on the Narrow body.