PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apocryphal Tales
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2014, 05:30
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 132 Likes on 95 Posts
" AirTroopers on a fire awareness course are shown the old 'lit match into a bucket of AVTAG, goes out' thing

As Detmold has been identified as the location, those involved clearly decided on a reprise of "here's one we did earlier".......the earlier version was at Celle just before Easter 75. I say this because I was on 431 M.U at the time and flying at Phoenix ( R.I.P. ) G.C as was one of out surveyors, a certain C/T Tim Oulds ...cometh Easter, enter one "ever so less than impressed" Chief.....possibly because, as he explained to the world, that he would not be flying due to some ( a series of terms not suitable for family viewing followed ) and off he went.

The poor Scout was classed as Cat. 3 and some of our equally unimpressed troops, due to the location involving the Army, were dispatched to nail some new skin and rivets onto the Scout some time later.

Said Chief, when asked by the Boss of the Scout, as to what his opinion was, duly stated that, "As it's Easter, crucifying the ( censored ) involved....sir" would be apt. Seemingly, the Army grown up suffered a sense of humour failure at this suggestion.