PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2014, 03:17
goodonyamate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Redundancies out of seniority anyone??
Bingo.

744 and 76 to be hit the hardest
737 untouched...infact they will probably do more training and reduce the divisors to reduce the redundancies. I am well aware of the triggers within the award for training...but remember its planned flying, not actual.To be honest (as a 737 FO) I'm happy if it means my mates keep their jobs. However, I am aware of one of the +65's who is not happy and thinks its outrageous that his pay has been diluted due to the lack of a min daily credit. He was happy to point out "i hope they know I took a massive pay cut to come here"

Theres also the other +65 who is coming because "I can't deprive the company of my experience". I didn't know whether to laugh, cry, vomit or knock him out.

Anyway...I digress...

HOWEVER

As Keg has previously pointed out, we have been told over and over that at the moment (excluding LWOP) that the numbers are close to right (maybe +60) but they are in the wrong place. I guess we'll see when the announcement is made.

This capacity war is becoming ridiculous. As soon as capacity relaxes, things will sort themselves out. Looks like QF may have one hand slightly unshackled by the guvmint soon.

And sadly Al made the point that Onestar was already the lowest cost airline in Australia, so it's all red tail you would assume.
Easy to be the lowest cost airline when you don't pay for anything. QF could be the lowest cost airline if it farmed off all of its bills to Jetstar